Why buy a Phantom Digital Ballast?
- The Phantom Ballast® has a random-start feature which ensures that multiple ballast installations do not tax the power-grid by starting many ballasts at once.
- The Phantom is both FCC and CSA certified. Learn More »
What the acronyms stand for:FCC: Federal Communications CommissionCSA: Canadian Standards Association
What they mean:
Federal Communications Commission
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is responsible for regulating equipment that emits electromagnetic energy on frequencies within the radio frequency spectrum in order to prevent harmful interference to authorized radio communication services.
Canadian Standards Association
The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) is a nonprofit association serving business, industry, government and consumers in Canada and the global marketplace. Among many other activities, CSA (www.csa.ca) develops standards that enhance public safety. A Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory, CSA is very familiar with U.S. requirements. According to OSHA (U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations, the CSA-US Mark qualifies as an alternative to the UL Mark.
- The Phantom has a three year warranty.
- The Phantom's proprietary intelligent dimming circuitry ensures proper lamp spectrum, regardless of output level. When a lamp is not allowed to fully reach rated operating voltage prior to any dimming, the gasses in the arc-tube do not fully mix, causing spectral shift and therefore the lamp will not produce the full spectrum of intended light. In order to get proper spectrum and color temperature from a dimmed lamp, you must allow the lamp to reach full voltage and temp prior to dimming.
- The Phantom will reliably and safely operate on any voltage between 90v and 260v.
- The Phantom delivers optimum output on all top-selling lamp choices.
- The Phantom has industry leading reliability and the lowest rate of return.
- The Phantom’s RF suppression on the power input reduces noise transference to the electrical supply lines.
(Available on 600, 750, and 1000W models)
– no adapter required
- FCC and CSA Certified
- Intelligent ignition circuitry checks power, ballast, and lamp condition before start-up
- Hot restrike technology senses high lamp temperature and will not ignite until a safe operating temperature is reached
- Dual resettable breakers protect lamp and household circuits
- Three operating configurations – vertical, horizontal, or hanging
- Drives the highest light output for maximum plant growth
- Universal reflector adapter with Lock and Seal BAREF lamp cord
- 8 ft heavy duty power cord included
- Phantom runs completely silent
- Internal RF shielding
- Generator ready
- Heat shedding extruded aluminum fins and elevated rubber feet provide the most efficient cooling in its class
- Internal resin coating protects components for long life
Phantom ballasts are internationally recognized for quality, safety, and reliability.
We believe in offering the best performing and most reliable ballast systems available. We make it a priority to invest in the engineering and testing, as well as certifying the performance, quality, and safety of all our ballast products. The result is a full range of models that combine all of the features you could ask for at a variety of prices to meet all of your customers’ needs.
Phantom technology features silent operation, lightweight design, and proven durability.
In our quest to offer the highest performance and most energy efficient options for greenhouse and indoor gardeners, we have created a premium digital ballast in a class by itself – the Phantom.
Phantom Digital Ballasts deliver energy efficiency and dimmable lumen output.
Get crucial benefits in an environment where energy costs are a critical factor. In addition to these advantages, digital ballasts weigh less and are smaller, which means easy handling, quick installation, and less physical space taken up by the lighting equipment. Dimmable versions can conserve energy by reducing the amount of energy used at low light settings.
With “intelligent” ballast technology, the Phantom utilizes digital intuition, recognizing the difference between bulbs, and starting them up automatically. Don’t stock multiple products to power the same wattage of sodium or halide – your customers have the choice of switching at any time between the all-around spectrum of halide to the enhanced red of sodium light.
6 great models to choose from
250W, 120v/240v Digital Ballast
400W, 120v/240v Digital Ballast
600W, 120/240v Digital Ballast Dimmable
750W, 120v/240v HPS Digital Ballast Dimmable
1000W, 240v Digital Ballast Dimmable
1000W, 120/240v Digital Ballast Dimmable